Be part of a caring, supportive and vibrant community.
At OneCare more than 2000 people choose to be part of a caring, supportive, vibrant community across Tasmania. We are a leading not-for-profit aged care provider that has been providing residential aged care, independent living and home care for over 40 years.
We are committed to providing safe, quality care for our residents and are extremely proud of the diversity of services and experiences we offer.
- Residential aged care
- Home care
- Independent living
- Respite Care
Important information for all OneCare residents, families, consumers and friends
25 May 2020
Just announced, the Tasmanian Government has advised that aged care visitor restrictions in Tasmania will be further eased. From Monday 25 May 2020, the current Direction for Residential Aged Care Facilities allows visits by family and friends to provide care and support to residents but with the following limits:
- Each resident may have one visit a day, with up to two visitors, for no longer than two hours.
- Visits must be in the resident’s room, outdoors or a designated area in the facility.
- All visitors must have an influenza vaccination (more on this below).
Please check with your facility regarding visiting hours and be aware that all visitors will undergo a strict screening process on entry to the home. With your assistance and support, we will be able to successfully implement these new guidelines.
Please be aware that the following guidelines will be in place for all visitors:
- There will only be one single point of entry through reception and this will be monitored closely.
- Each visitor will need to supply us with evidence that they have had the 2020 flu vaccination. This evidence can be sent in any time directly to the facility or brought on your first visit.
- Visits will be confined to your loved ones room, outside, or in a specific designated area (not a communal space).
- We will take your temperature to screen for signs of fever.
- This will be supported by a number of screening questions for you to answer.
- You will be required to continue to use strict hand hygiene and use the sanitiser gel at reception before and after your visit.
- You will need to sign in and sign out as usual.
- Please note that children aged 16 years or less are not permitted to visit, except under special circumstances, in line with Public Health advice.
Mandatory influenza vaccination
A reminder that all visitors must supply evidence that they have had the 2020 flu vaccination. To comply with this mandatory government requirement, OneCare must sight appropriate evidence of your immunisation status prior to you entering our aged care homes.
OneCare’s Covid-19 family check-in survey
Thank you again to those who have taken the time to complete OneCare’s Covid-19 family check-in survey. This is an opportunity for you to share your thoughts regarding our management and communication on Covid-19. If you haven’t yet had the opportunity to participate, we encourage you to please click on the link below: Please click here to share your feedback now.
We appreciate your continued patience and understanding at this time and thank you in advance for your cooperation. If you have any questions, we urge you to please contact your facility directly.
Yours sincerely, OneCare